John’s Tuxedos is a locally owned and operated full service men’s formalwear store serving the New Orleans area since 1984. Our team of trained staff have years of experience assisting brides and grooms in selecting the perfect look for their wedding.
Whether your groomsmen live in the New Orleans area or if your entire wedding party is arriving from out-of-town, John’s Tuxedos can take care of your formalwear needs. John’s Tuxedos has the best formalwear system to make sure your local and out-of-town wedding party members are looking great for your wedding day. Our inventory is all in store and alterations are done on site. This allows us to find the proper size and alter the tuxedo when your groom and groomsmen pick up their tuxedo one or two days before your wedding.
- Come in 6 to 8 months before wedding to review tuxedo styles
- If possible, come in with your fiancé (it makes choosing the styles easier)
- Bring in a swatch card of the bridesmaids dresses to help match tie colors
- We will review all styles with you (jackets, shirts, ties, vests, etc.) & help you choose the perfect style.
- We will dress a mannequin or your groom with the styles that you are reviewing (this makes sure that you are happy with the style you have chosen)
- We will fill out list of your wedding party’s names and contact info in order to reserve your wedding.
- Next we will review options for your groomsmen gifts
- Please let your friends and family know about retail suits and ties in-store for purchase.
Getting the Men Fitted:
- Wedding party should be fitted about two months before the wedding.
- In-town groomsmen come into the store to get fitted.
- Out-of-town groomsmen: phone, fax, or submit measurements online.
- *Pick up days are typically Thursday or Friday the week of the event. You must try on your own tuxedo at the time of pickup to ensure a proper fit.
- If alterations are needed, we do them while you wait.
- Rental must be returned the next business day to avoid late fees. We are closed on Sundays.
*Payment is due at pick up. Returns are due the next business day after the wedding.